N/R, Not Rated
A Film by: Signe Baumane
Music Composer: Kristian Sensini
Sound Designer: Weston Fonger
Editor and Compositor: Wendy Cong Zhao
Color Design and Production Manager: Rashida Nasir
Co-Producer and Voiceover Director: Sturgis Warner
Latvian Co-Producer: Roberts Vinovskis
Writer, Director, Producer, Animator: Signe Baumane
For streaming (Rent) click on your choice. For downloads (Buy) the chosen subtitle should be downloaded separately, then played with the film.
The DVD carries two full versions of “Rocks In My Pockets,” one in English, the other Latvian with subtitles available for both. It also has the film's trailer.
The DVD is formatted as an All-Region NTSC. If you live in a country that primarily uses PAL and try to buy a DVD above, a message will pop up and say “no items currently available in this region.” Simply shift the setting to a NTSC country (like the United States) and order the DVD from there. It will still be shipped to wherever you may be.
- Sharp, surprising and funny
- ...told with remorseless psychological intelligence, wicked irony and an acerbic sense of humor.
- Boasting a narrative of extraordinary complexity and density,
- stuffed with irony, humor and tales-within-tales
- ...a fascinating and very personal look at mental illness.
- Signe Baumane examines her family members’ history with mental illness (as well as her own struggles) with humor, delicacy and eye-catching animation techniques...
- Her commitment and talent is overwhelming.
- A visually stunning masterpiece
- ...an important film in a time where far too many people are being over or under medicated. It may be a gateway to a greater understanding and tolerance of what we do not yet have a grasp on... Rocks In My Pockets is a beautiful conversation starter.