Signe Baumane, Director, Writer, Voiceover
- Signe was born in Latvia. She received a BA degree in Philosophy from Moscow State University in 1989. Eight months after giving birth to her son she was checked into a mental hospital and diagnosed as manic-depressive. Despite the diagnosis, Signe made 3 animated short films in Latvia before moving to New York in 1995. In New York she continued to work in the field of animation and made 12 more award winning animated shorts. Her films have been accepted at Sundance, Berlin, Annecy, Venice, Tribeca and hundreds of other film festivals around the world. “Rocks in My Pockets” is her first feature film project.
Kristian Sensini, Music Composer
- Kristian Sensini is a composer for film based in Italy. He has worked with numerous productions in Italy and the U.S., specializing in thriller, drama, fantasy, and documentary. He has a Jazz degree from Pesaro Conservatory (Italy) where he studied composition, arrangements, and classical flute. His teachers include: Ennio Morricone, Michael Giacchino, Nathan Barr, Dave Grusin and Christopher Lennertz. Kristian has scored 9 feature films. In 2010, 2011, and 2013 he received a total of 6 nominations for best score (categories of Documentary, Promotion, Best Song, Best Short) at the Jerry Goldsmith International Film Music Award. He is sensitive to the language of film and has a creative ability to interpret it and enhance it with his music. You can find more on Kristian at his website and on IMDB.
Sturgis Warner, Voiceover Director, Script Advisor
- Sturgis Warner has been part of the New York theatre scene for many years as an actor, director and occasional producer. He specializes in new plays and new play development. The voiceover script for “Rocks In My Pockets” was treated as a new play and was rehearsed as such, every day for seven weeks. He is Artistic Director of Twilight Theatre Company, a member of New York Theatre Workshop’s Usual Suspects, and is on the Artistic Cabinet of The Lark Play Development Center.
Rashida Nasir, Production Manager
- Rashida Nasir graduated from Pratt Institute with a BFA in Film/Animation in 2010. Since then, she has worked at Little Airplane and London Square Productions. In 2011, she joined “Rocks in My Pockets” as production manager and color designer. She now works as a freelance animator and designer.
Weston Fonger, Sound Designer
- Weston Fonger, sound designer/engineer at Yessian, began in NYC at Howard Schwartz Recording (HSRNY) assisting automated dialogue replacement (ADR) sessions on projects like “The Simpsons” and “X-Men: The Last Stand”. He also worked as a mixer/sound designer for nearly five years at audioEngine (NYC), for clients such as HBO, Sony, Converse, Revlon and Visa. His long list of credits include films for Academy Award-nominated animator Bill Plympton, several TV pilots for comedian Dave Attell, Brian Iglesias’ documentary film “Chosin”, the feature film “Aardvark” by director Kitao Sakurai, and more.